A Wok in the Mountains

Cooking, hiking and other adventures brought to you fresh from the Rockies.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I seek to follow the Master in all things, and to be like Him in every way.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Be Still

My mp3 player has about 431 files on it (432?). I have it on random play. That should give a 1 in 431 (432?) chance for each song to play...

Yet somehow, almost without exception, every single time I listen to more than a few songs on it (but still not many), the same track begins to play. It's by a guy named Leonard Ravenhill, and it's called "Be Still." Each time it begins, I can't help but think I haven't yet learned what I need to from it... so I listen to it again. This has been going on for about the past month.

The quotes that stick with me from it... scare me, frankly. I'm going to post some of them below... in no particular order - I strongly recommend you listen to the sermon.

"I haven't been to college. There's an old friend of mine said 'I haven't been to college, but I have the blessed knowledge, that my sins are all forgiven and I'm on my way to heaven - what else do I want anyhow?' So kiss your degree goodbye and start trusting the L-rd."

"G-d will start moving on your life when you're totally severed from this world. From all of its pleasures, its pomp, and its pride. Other things can do it - G-d isn't asking them, He's asking you. He'll ask you to pay a price nobody else is going to pay. Men were never crucified in dozens... one at a time. I can hear that sweet little voice of Dr. Tozer's [?] saying to me again, 'You know, Len, people are so afraid to trust G-d... so afraid to die.'"

"Put a consuming passion in my heart that will NEVER go out! That will control all my deeds, all my thoughts, all my actions. Let them be Love-motivated -- Holy Love! I want to be someone who'll stand in the gap for this generation."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY miss you! PLEASE email me and let me know you are ok?

My cell phone has been turned off for now, I will give you my home number in an email when you email me...

Im worried about ya hun, so please let me know how your doing? LOVE YA!

Halo

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home