A Wok in the Mountains

Cooking, hiking and other adventures brought to you fresh from the Rockies.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I seek to follow the Master in all things, and to be like Him in every way.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

More Old Poetry

Few more poems I never posted... these two were written about the middle of last month.

I've prayed before, and now again:
L-rd, let me ne'er be swayed by sin.
Take my life, my G-d, 'tis Thine,
Let it with Thy glory shine.
Lead me each and every day,
Teach me patience, L-rd, I pray.

----------------------

You can't have yesterday back, it's gone.
The time has come to travel on,
Into the things today will bring;
Whether joy, or suffering.
The time for pettiness has past,
Busy yourself with what will last.
Without a price there is no gain;
No precious treasure without pain.
Endure! Endure! And gain one day,
That crown which will not fade away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home