A Wok in the Mountains

Cooking, hiking and other adventures brought to you fresh from the Rockies.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I seek to follow the Master in all things, and to be like Him in every way.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thoughts...

Couple of random thoughts to include in this post.

First, something that's been floating around my head for about a week now: the most beautiful moments in life can't be photographed.

For example, the market I wrote about two entries ago... or the beautiful mountain land that I visited yesterday (for sale at $15/m^2, with 12k square meters).

Second. Tonight we were walking around downtown Cuzco (my host mom and I), and they were having a bunch of beautiful dances put on by the school-children of the area. Every time I heard that haunting music (panpipes & traditional drums), and saw those beautiful children dancing... tears came to my eyes.

Third, I've got another poem to post. It's from the same time as the two I posted before - namely, July 9th at about 5pm.

An illness he had, and then he died;
The man, the prophet dignified.
Many he raised from deadly sleep,
And at his death the king did weep.
Yet even after death had won,
Another dead man saw the sun.
To every person, young and old,
He spoke the truth in all he told.
What gospel did this prophet speak?
"Repent, and all the statutes keep."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home