A Wok in the Mountains

Cooking, hiking and other adventures brought to you fresh from the Rockies.

Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I seek to follow the Master in all things, and to be like Him in every way.

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Let's Read Chinese!

So I was shopping at Family Mart the other day and saw this novel. The title and cover art attracted me, and since I've been looking for a good book to read for a while now, I figured "hey, $6, why not." Yesterday I bought it and began to read a bit, but discovered something missing.


Today, armed with sticky notes, pencil, exacto-blade, and nciku.com, I proceeded to note the words I didn't know. The first page didn't look so good for my chances at understanding and being able to enjoy this novel. The second page was a bit better. I'll try to keep everyone updated as I progress -- at this point, I'm quite intrigued by the novel and I'm understanding it pretty well (with nciku.com handy).

I've uploaded a picture of the first two pages for everyone to have a chuckle.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the pictures?

9:33 PM  
Blogger wide_eyed_wonder said...

So, firstly; I'm really impressed with your handwriting! It's rather neat. You should see my arabic handwriting, it's horrendous lol. Also, I love what you've done with the post-its! Your book reminds me a little bit of my friend. She did something similar in her books. I definitely want to know how you get along :) I'll be back!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home